Piper Steven

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
l_0153_hu886638318499244254.webp
Bagpiper Available throughout Illinois. I wear the Irish National tartan and the MacDonald of Clanranald (Scottish) tartan.

My Bagpipe Journey​

I am a retired Captain of the Illinois State Police. In 2004 I began piping with the ISP Pipes and Drums, the oldest state law enforcement pipe band in America. I still play with the band today. During my 17 year bagpipe journey I’ve also played with two private competition bands and made numerous solo appearances at weddings, funerals, and corporate events.

Experience​

My experience performing at ceremonies and funerals is extensive. I’ve performed solo before two Illinois Governors (Quinn, Rauner), at the Illinois Supreme Court, and twice on the floor of the Illinois House of Representatives. I was the soloist at the memorial for Illinois Comptroller Judy Baar Topinka, and most recently played at the funeral of former Governor James R. Thompson. In 2012 I appeared with the Illinois Wesleyan University Wind Ensemble in Michael Schelle’s “The End Of The Word.”

My pipes have been played to celebrate the commissioning of new State Troopers and at numerous promotion ceremonies and award ceremonies. My greatest honor, however, was to play at the funerals of fallen Illinois State Troopers and other law enforcement officers throughout the state.

Read More

Last edited:
Back